Book Review: The Adventures of Sherlock Bones

Sunday, March 26, 2017



Author: Lauren Baratz-Logsted
 
Summary from Amazon:The Adventures of Sherlock Bones turns snooping on its floppy ear when one day, Dr. Jane Catson, a surgeon injured in the Cat Wars has an afternoon nap interrupted by a most unusual occurrence.

On the front lawn of her home, rather loud footsteps disturb her peace as Sherlock Bones, a Great Dane in a deerstalker claiming to be the greatest detective in the world arrives.

After a quick critical examination of the intrusive dog whose enormous body blocks the entire sun from view, Catson has her doubts. But that’s not all. The monstrously-sized creature makes an even more astonishing claim. He has come to live with her!

Before Catson can collect her thoughts into an intelligent rebuttal, Sherlock Bones has made himself quite at home, inventing things like a jetpack for her Castilian housekeeper-cook, a turtle named Mr. Javier and placing his gigantic food and water dishes next to hers.

But there’s no time for protest. The great detective and Dr. Catson have caught themselves their first case: A suspiciously dead human in a nearby abandoned building. Can Sherlock Bones and Dr. Catson crack the case before the killer strikes again? Or will their differences get in the way of solving Case File No. 1? One thing’s for sure, that would be a doggone shame.

*************************

Personal Review:
All of my animal loving mystery solving friends need this book! This was a cute story about a dog and the silliness that happens around him. I will be the first to admit that I have not read the Sherlock Holmes books, but I could tell that there was strong background material that was being drawn on for this book.

That said, I really enjoyed the book. It was cute and witty. I enjoyed the thought put into different scenes and appreciated the authors narrative of what happened throughout. This book was one that I came across on a whim and I am glad I did.

If you like books about dogs, then you may want to check this one out! Thanks for the opportunity!


Disclaimer: I was awarded this book from Library Thing. Though I did not pay for the book, the opinions are strictly my own.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS