Guest Post with Shail Rajan

Wednesday, February 3, 2021


Hi Everyone! 

I am excited to bring you a guest post today from a
uthor Shail Rajan. I had a chance to ask about the inspiration behind The Summer Breeze. Please help me in giving a warm welcome! 

I’m always fascinated by people who live their lives in a very intentional way. I always aim to live that way, and yet somehow, find myself often stumbling into things that change the course of my life. I rarely seem to take an intentional first step. Rather, an event nudges (sometimes shoves) me onto a path. But once I’m on that unintentional path, I am a master at making it my own. Before I realize it, I’m often skipping down that path like a happy child on a sunny day.

When I was in my early 20s, I told a friend I wanted to become a storyteller. I can’t recall what made me say it or why I chose that particular moment to blurt it out, but I do know that I did absolutely nothing to take a step towards that goal. Fast forward almost a decade when I found myself daydreaming at work about a character that popped into my mind. During my lunch break that day, I decided to type up some of the things I had been thinking. I never intentionally set out to write a book; I was bored at work and there was a laptop in front.

I ended up developing characters in my mind and typing up notes for many weeks, which turned into months. Whenever I had some down time, I’d open the word file and add to it. Writing a story became the natural consequence of having created all these characters who needed something to do!

One day, as I was typing away, my office mate asked me what I was working on. I thought about lying but then reconsidered and told her the truth. She expressed her amazement and then promptly refocused on whatever she had been working on. About a month later, she gave me a gift: a bookmark on which she had written “Go ahead Shail, chase those dreams!”

I did the exact opposite. I got busy with a project at work, a new baby at home, and all the other things life throws at you. And would you believe another 15 years went by? I was a busy stay-at-home mother of three wonderful children and the president of a non-profit. One afternoon, I was cleaning out my nightstand and found a bookmark under a pile of books. It reminded me to chase my dreams. So, I finally did. And now here I am, skipping down this path as happy as a child on a sunny day.

Tired of her fast-paced life in New York City, Callie leaves it all behind to embark on an adventure that will bring her to a new town, a new home, a new career, and possibly, a new love.

Callie Williams loved the quaint upstate region of New York State where she grew up but left it behind to pursue her career in the Big Apple. After years of working long hours and climbing the corporate ladder, she finds herself unhappily engaged to a powerful politician’s son. All that changes in an unexpected instant and upends life as she knows it. Unsure of what to do, Callie finds herself back in her hometown, back in her childhood bedroom.

Surrounded by her family and the countryside she loves, Callie is more relaxed than she has been in years, yet she feels restless. She yearns to find a place for herself – a new career, a home of her own. A life changing idea presents itself, and Callie decides it is time to take the leap. She soon finds herself the owner of a new business and knee deep in a major home renovation. But that’s not all she finds…. 


 More information on contacting Shail:

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS