Book Review: Things I Hear My Professor Say

Tuesday, August 17, 2021




Author: Dr. Curtis Odom
 
Summary:
In the following pages, you will find over two decades of professional insights, lessons learned, and personal experiences as captured by a student in my class who gave me the greatest gift of my career: a transcript of me putting my entire career's worth of context into the content of academic lectures taught over a fall semester in a college classroom. This engaged student distilled the insights heard in what I said-as his professor-into simple statements that most impacted him. Clear proof that words matter.

Personal Review:
As someone who considers the idea of being an adjunct faculty member some day, I really wanted to read this one. It was interesting to hear the perspectives and learn about the experiences in the classroom. It shows you that not only does the teacher teach, but the teacher learns too! 

 Disclaimer: I was awarded this book from NetGalley. Though I did not pay for the book, the opinions are strictly my own.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS