Book Review: Rising Strong

Friday, February 19, 2016




Author: Brene Brown

Summary from Goodreads:
A quick insider’s guide to what it takes to be vulnerable and how to rise strong as a result of the book. A book of short stories as examples, the author discusses the ways in which you can help to find your truest self. I recommend this book. 

Personal Review:
I liked this book! It gave me a lot to think about and was filled with a bunch of ‘golden nuggets’ of ideas. Here are a couple of my favorites:

*The most dangerous stories we make up are the narratives that diminish our inherent worthiness. We must reclaim the truth about our lovability, divinity, and creativity.
*Regret is a tough but a fair teacher. To live without regret is to believe you have nothing to learn, no amends to make, and no opportunity to be braver with your life.

In addition, the book read easily with short stories to illustrate her points. I appreciated that in each section of the book there was a reckoning, a rumble, and finally a resolution. I also appreciated that she took a few moments to discuss mindfulness and the impact it can have on your life.

I enjoyed this book.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS