Book Review: Warren the 13th and the All Seeing Eye

Friday, January 13, 2017




Author:


 Summary from Goodreads: 
Warren the 13th is the lone bellhop, valet, waiter, groundskeeper, and errand boy of his family’s ancient hotel. It’s a strange, shadowy mansion full of crooked corridors and mysterious riddles—and it just might be home to a magical object known as the All-Seeing Eye. Can Warren decipher the clues and find the treasure before his sinister Aunt Annaconda (and a slew of greedy hotel guests) beats him to it?

This middle-grade adventure features gorgeous two-color illustrations on every page and a lavish two-column Victorian design that will pull young readers into a spooky and delightful mystery.


 

Personal Review:
Happy Friday the 13th! If you are looking for a quick, delightful read to get you in the right mood for this superstitious day, then this may be the book for you. In this book, we meet Warren, the groundskeeper of a mansion. The book allows us to follow along with Warren as he goes on adventure to solve the clues.

I enjoyed the plot of this book. It was interesting and engaging. However, what I enjoyed most about this book was the illustrations. I had this book in e-format, but I can only imagine what they look like in print.

The story was entertaining and I am glad that I had a chance to pick this one up. If you are looking for a quirky story, check this one out. Plus the second one in series is out in March, so you won't have to wait much longer! :)

Check out that cover here:



 Disclaimer: I was awarded this book as part of the Quirk Books #Quirksgiving Contest. Though I did not pay for the book, the opinions are strictly my own.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS