Reading Recap

Sunday, January 29, 2017


Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by with a few books that I have read recently.

Eat Pray Love Made Me Do It
This is the follow up to the best seller in which people talk about the ways in which the book has made them do things that they normally wouldn’t have. It is an interesting read and takes you across the whole gambit of things that people do. I enjoyed it very much.

New Orleans Carnival Krewes
Ever since we visited New Orleans last year, I wanted to know more about this part of their history. This book was very good in both understanding the history, but some of the dynamics of the krewes. It is a whole culture that I know very little about. I enjoyed the pictures throughout the book as well as it was a visual reminder of where they have been.

First Comes Love
I finally got around to reading this one! This a book about sisters, who both have a lot going on in their own lives and the overlap between them. The book was an interesting read and different than what I normally get from Emily’s books. (Not in a bad way, just different). I appreciated the look at a different type of relationship.

The Scarecrow of Oz
I never really tire of Baum. This is just one more that adds to the dynamics of the Wizard of Oz. I enjoyed that it is short and a quick read. I enjoyed the story and the plot. A good story.

Greyhound Tales

A book of stories about those who have adopted greyhounds. So much love and admiration for this book and the owners who have adopted these dogs. I am especially partial to the picture spread in the middle of the book of all of the adorable pups! I enjoyed this book very much.  

The Upside of Unrequited
This book was amazing. I loved it as much as Simon and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to read it. This book addresses a number of hard topics that are not often found in YA and I love that it pushes those to the forefront. That said, the book does it in a way that is both pleasing and easy to read. I enjoyed the characters and the emotions that they went through. The plot kept me reading throughout. I enjoyed learning about what makes each of them 'tick.' Thank you to Harper for the opportunity.

Have you read any of these books?

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS