Dog Days of Summer Update Post

Sunday, August 27, 2017



Hi Everyone!

I am stopping by to do a check in report on the Dog Days of Summer Reading challenge. I am happy to report that I have finished three dog related books and I have a few mini reviews to share with you!



Chester and Gus
In this middle grade novel, we met Chester who must help out Gus. Gus is a 10 year old who really needs a friend. Chester is a dog who needs confidence. The partnership is a duo made in doggie heaven. I enjoyed the book and how they managed to find the best in each other.

Two Good Dogs
In this book, we have two families who come across each other. In an interesting spin of events the pit bulls end up being two good dogs that are able to bring people together. I enjoyed the interactions of the people throughout the book and protrayl of the dogs in a positive light.

Secret Service Dogs
There is alot of work that goes into the handling of and training of K-9 dogs. Especially those that are in high profile positions and are required to keep others safe. I enjoyed reading this book because it talks about the dogs who serve a critical role. An interesting read!

I have enjoyed this reading challenge this summer! Thanks to Jolene and La La in the Library for hosting!

Happy Reading!

PS. Happy Belated #Nationaldogsday to my furry friends and their fur parents!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for participating!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) you're welcome! I never n Ed a reason to enjoy a good dogbook but I'll gladly take one!!

      Delete
  2. Great reading! I will definitely be looking at Chester and Gus, and Two Good Dogs on Goodreads. I am already making a GR Dog Days Of Summer shelf for next year and will probably add them. Thanks so much for joining us. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited that it will be next year! :) You're welcome.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS