Q&A with Mark Morrison

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Hi Everyone!

I am excited to be here today to bring you a Q&A from author Mark Morrison. Please help me welcome him to the blog!

***************


Where do you get your ideas?

1. I continually daydream about bizarre images and thoughts from dreams I've had in the past or from the prior night. I have a horrific sleep pattern that wakes me every hour all night, consequently inundating me with a fresh batch of peculiar dreams and nightmares.

I keep a notepad and pen at my bedside to jot down the images before they slip away. An unlucky few manage to slip away before I can journal them for future reprieve otherwise they're still trapped within the organic bondage of my mind. Through my now disciplined writings I've allowed some of the lucky ones to escape to the freedom of my first novel, TwoSpells. I'll consider pardoning another batch of weird mind games and characters in future books.


What is your writing process like?
2I wake between 2:30 and 3:00 am every day. My body clock was set many years ago. I exercise, then begin writing while the house is quiet and peaceful. That lasts until I have to ready myself for work at 6:30. When I'm through work, usually around 3:30 to 4:00 pm I ride my bicycle ten miles (I ride approximately 30-50 miles a week.) then write for a couple of hours. But on the weekends I can squeeze in a whole lot more writing time.


What advice do you have for writers?
3. Whatever a person's passion I'd hope they'd pursue it with zeal. You don't want to wake up one day and look into the mirror and say, 'I'll bet I could have done that too.' Life's short make a difference.

***********
Thanks Mark for being here today!

*******************

More information (from Amazon) about Twin Spells:
Sarah and her twin brother Jon are heirs to an ancient magical realm and its most valuable treasure: an enchanted library. The library endows readers with the supernatural means of crossing into the uncharted inner sanctum of the second-dimension, inhabited with peculiar and sometimes perilous creatures. Both children are emboldened with a wondrous, mystical gift that no being has ever possessed before. But fate intervenes and triggers a disastrous war that disrupts the fabric of time and space, spanning multiple universes and tearing destiny a new and savage pathway. The two must rescue their world from a phantom hybrid alien race controlled by the demented dark wizard, Jeremy Sermack. They'll either assimilate or be exterminated. Will they be the saviors that the prophets envisioned, or will they retreat to the perceived safety of their distant homeland?

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS