Mardi Gras: Singing out Loud

Tuesday, February 25, 2020




Happy Mardi Gras!!

You better believe that we are doing King's Cake and Red Beans/Rice in this household today. YUMMY! 


To get you further in the mood, I came across this book. I knew I needed it in my life. Since I just started it, I don't have my review yet, but wanted to pass along details about it. I will try to remember to come back and get this updated once I finish. 

Author: Marilee Eaves
 
Summary from Amazon: Born during World War II, Marilee Eaves has long struggled to fit into the New Orleans elite―secret Mardi Gras societies that ruled the city―into which she was born. Then, as a student at Wellesley, she’s hospitalized at McLean psychiatric hospital, where she begins to realize how much of herself she’s sacrificed to blend into and be fully accepted by the exclusive and exclusionary white Uptown New Orleans culture to which she supposedly belongs.

Have you read it? What were your thoughts?

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS