Book Review: Big Magic

Wednesday, October 14, 2015




Author: Elizabeth Gilbert



Summary from Goodreads:

This is a book of stories that set to motivate those who are looking to develop more creativity in their own lives. Through the book, author Elizabeth Gilbert shares her own experiences to send a message/share a lesson and challenge the reader to find ways to become inspired.



Personal Review:

I enjoyed this book. As many of you know, I was a big fan of Eat, Pray, Love and I wanted to read the latest from Elizabeth Gilbert. I enjoy her candor and down to earth approach to how she writes. I also appreciate how she was willing to share audience about topics that could be hard to discuss (for example getting rejections on pieces you write).

There were several golden nuggets of information for me, but especially the following two quotes stood out to me:
-Argue for your limitations and you get to keep them.
-What are you passionate enough about that you can endure the most disagreeable aspects of the work? No job is ever going to be without some sort of stress. Find the one that you can endure.


I would recommend this book.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS