Recap Readathon

Monday, October 19, 2015





Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by with a quick recap from the Readathon this past weekend! 

Brewing Up A Business
Reason I picked this book: We recently toward the main DogFish Head Building on a vacation. In addition, October is the month of Oktoberfest, so it seemed appropriate.
Best Parts: The quick short stories. Sam is very business minded and a risk taker. I enjoyed reading how he came up with ideas.

Fall Seven Times, Stand up Eight
Reason I picked this book: I won it on GoodReads. Opinions are still my own.
Best Parts: Short catchy phrases and thoughts throughout the book. Note: there are some religious aspects in the book.

Got Your Attention
Reason I picked this book: I won it on GoodReads. Opinions are still my own.
Best Parts: I tend to be very introverted, so that had some good tips and ideas for connecting with other people. (Which is sometimes a challenge for me)

Secret Sixth Sense
Reason I picked this book: I won it on GoodReads. Opinions are still my own.
Best Parts: Somewhat of a spooky, psychological read. I love that one of main themes in the book is that you be who you really are, it is okay.

Orbiting Jupiter
Reason I picked this book: I won it on GoodReads. Opinions are still my own.
Best Parts: This was a tear jerker. I had not expected it when it started, but you soon discover the characters effect on you.

If You Feel Too Much
Reason I picked this book: The title sounded interesting to me.
Best Parts: Short essays of people having to cope with hard situations. Knowing that no matter what, you can change your life.

Saga
Reason I picked this book: A lot of people recommended this series on YouTube
Best Parts: Interesting Plot. Note: this is not intended for young audiences!

LumberJanes, Vol. 2
Reason I picked this book: I loved the first one!
Best Parts: The graphics-they are simply amazing! 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS