Book Review: The Fixer

Monday, October 5, 2015


Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Summary from Goodreads:
This book is the story of Tess, who begins her new life in DC. When doing so, she learns about the mysterious career of her sister and the political climate of her new school. It is not too long before Tess is involved in her secrets and her sister world. 


Personal Review:
I picked this book for two reasons-one is because it is DC (and that’s close to home!) and one because I was told it had some aspects of ‘Scandal’ (the TV show) in it. Both Olivia Pope and Ivy (Tess’s sister) are ‘professional fixers’ caught up in a political world. While I like the premise, I learned that I find it a bit more interesting to watch it unfold then to read about it.


That said, I did like the book. I thought the character created an interesting story/plot line that had a few characters, but kept the reader wanting to know what would happen next. I could see where this could be a continuation in the future of this book.


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS