Guest Post with Ruby Matenko

Tuesday, July 18, 2023



 

Hi All,

Excited to bring you a guest post by Ruby Matenko today. Be sure to check out her book Cheese Puffs and the following on what inspired it! 

************

Since I was 4 years old, I have loved to read, which led to my hobby of loving to come up with my own stories. I have also done professional acting since I was seven, so you could say that I have always loved to get into the mind of a character and tell a story in my own way. 

As soon as I could type on a computer, I would write tons of short stories whenever I could. I have always been very interested in medicine, particularly the health and care during pregnancy and with babies. I was reading “What To Expect When You’re Expecting” when I was barely ten! I would say that this interest in obstetrics probably came about because my grandfather delivered babies for 40 years and he is a huge source of inspiration to me since I always talked about it with him. 

When I became a pre-teen and went to middle school and heard about what was going on as kids got older in middle school and high school, I realized that a lot of people around my age were getting boyfriends and girlfriends and participating in really mature activities for their age. I never thought that the health and sex education at schools was sufficient enough, so I realized that it wouldn’t even be these kids’ fault if something bad happened to them due to their own actions — they simply weren’t educated to the extent that they could’ve been. 

I combined all of these interests and what was going on around me and wrote this book. I wanted it to serve as a relatable book for teenagers, but also an informative and educative book that shows teenagers what the consequences of certain actions can be, and how to make good choices.

 **********


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS