Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Memoir-Esque Books That You Should Read

Tuesday, April 12, 2016



Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by with another Top Ten Tuesday!  This week's topic is Top Ten X Should Read (where you fill in the blank for X). In my case, I have decided to highlight Memoirs, because they are one of my favorite types of books. I cannot even express how much I love reading them! I think something about understanding another person's experiences is fascinating. 

So go get these books-they are worth checking out! 

Deals with alcoholism and family.

2) Three Little Words
A young woman's experience in Foster care.

Food, travel, romance. Sounds like a good book to me!

This one is about facing your fears!

Do More of What you Love.

Moving across the country is hard and so is making friends!

Cooking, humor, and lots of entertainment.

Hiking and outdoors! Yes, please.

How to cope with being with being in your mid 20's.

More food and overcome hard obstacles.

Have you read any of these? What did you think? What is your favorite memoir-esque recommendation for me? 

Happy Reading! 

20 comments:

  1. I've heard of a lot of these, but I haven't read any of them! *gasps* My favourite memoir is probably almost definitely Furiously Happy, which is HYSTERICAL and also so very honest and encouraging and deals with metal illness and just general weirdness. <3 Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds awesome! I will have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

      Delete
    2. Furiously Hapoy was great in audio. 😀

      Delete
  2. Great topic! I haven't read any of these, but I love to read a memoir every once in a while so I'll have to check them out. Here's my TTT: http://www.anovelglimpse.com/2016/04/12/top-ten-tuesday-twenty-books-every-reader-new-to-the-new-adult-genre-should-read/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! Great! Thank you, I will check it out.

      Delete
  3. Eat, Pray, Love is the only book I've read from your list!! Have you read Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert??? It's sort of a follow up to Eat, Prat, Love.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/04/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-every-russian.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! I liked it. Not quite as much, but the message was good :) I will check it out! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Stephen King's On Writing would fit into this category, too, although it's purportedly a book about how to write. Which is, as it happens the topic of my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I will have to check that one out and your list! Thanks for stopping by :) I appreciate it!

      Delete
  5. I love memoirs, but I've read a couple that have been real drags lately. Thanks for a list of ones I know will be a bit more amusing!

    My TTT: http://brownbooksandgreentea.com/2016/04/12/clearing-the-shelf-for-arc-april/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that! I hope it picks back up, they are some of my favorites! I will have to check out your list. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I loved loved loved The Glass Castle! MWF Seeking BFF was a book club read and I enjoyed it way more than I thought I might. Have yet to read Eat, Pray, Love or Julie and Julia. My Year With Eleanor looks amazing! I figure I would either love or hate The Happiness Project. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were alot of fun! I hope you get a chance to read it. Its one of my favorites!

      Delete
  7. Forgot to mention that I read Gloria Steinem's My Life on the Road and it was excellent! So informative, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the idea! I like new suggestions and really appreciate it!

      Delete
  8. There are some amazing memoirs out there. One of my favorite's is G. Willow Wilson's The Butterfly Mosque! It's great to see all the different and life stories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Though I ascribe to no organized religion, The Butterfly Mosque looks as if it would be a great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I added it to my list :) If you get to it, you will have to let me know how it is!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS