Reading Recap

Sunday, April 24, 2016



Hi Everyone! 

Just stopping by with a few quick reading recaps! I was able to make alot of good progress during the Dewey's readathon this weekend and wanted to share with all of you!

Matilda
I wanted to re-read this book because she seems like such a wonderful fellow book loving character. It also happened to fit into my reading challenges for the year. I loved Roald Dahl as a child and this book was right up there with the others by him. I enjoyed the characters and the vivid imagery. This book did not disappoint!

Born for This
In this book, the author shares ideas for figuring out what you are really meant to do with your life. I enjoyed that it had practical advice and in a nice way. I think that the take away I took from this book is knowing when your hobby should be a hobby and when it should become a job. I appreciated the insight on how to establish your own ideal working conditions.

How to Wake Up
In this book, the author discusses how to find greater peace in your life. While it is approached from the Buddhist perspective, I think that no matter your religion you can learn something from this book. I appreciated the thoughts on mindfulness and reflection. They are certainly tasks that time and practice! I read this book quickly, so I think it could be good to do another re-read and to go through the exercises slowly.  An interesting book.

Where the Light Gets In
This is a book by country music star, Brad Paisley’s wife-Kimberly. In this book she recalls the impact that her mother had on her life and raises awareness about dementia that she had. I enjoyed the book because it was a very real story about a hard situation. I appreciated her honesty and the information that she shared throughout the book.

This is Where It Ends
In this book, a school shooting is occurring and you follow along in the perspectives of many individuals. A deep and gut wrenching book, I fought back a lot of tears during this one. You have to be in the right mood for this one. I enjoyed the story and multiple perspectives of the story. This was not an easy one to read, but done in a tactful way.

DogTripping
In this book, we get to follow a dog lover and his quest to save dogs, no matter the circumstances. In his book he shares with us short stories about the dogs and how they impacted his life. I have to say that I am not sure I could do what he does, he has to have a big heart! Even if it means driving the dogs across the country he and his wife step up to the plate. Thank you to them for the work that they do. It’s awesome!

A Street Cat Named Bob
This is a book of an orange cat who enters a musicians life. The cat certainly changes things a bit for the author and I appreciated that story. It is amazing to read this person’s experiences and to see how the power of an animal can change all of that. I enjoyed this book.

Food and the City
In this book, we get a firsthand experience learning about what drives some of the food businesses of NYC. I enjoyed the perspective and interview to know why the people are choosing to do what they do. I would not recommend reading this book if you haven’t eaten recently. This book was a fun read and makes me want to visit all of those locations. I enjoyed the story! 

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS