Reading Recap

Thursday, April 7, 2016



Hi Everyone!

It's been awhile since I reported out on the books that I have been reading lately, so I wanted to share with you all a brief update! 

All Better Now
A memoir of Emily's life and set of stories that go along with it. This book was a story of a childhood that was not easy. I thought that the writer wrote in a manner that was easy to read, even though the topics were not always ones that were easy to read about. I appreciated the vulnerability that she shared in each page and story. The book was one that an interesting read.

 Trespassing Across America
If you are interested in hiking and/or climate change, this is probably the book for you. In this book we get to tag along with Ken who hikes across North America. When doing so, he encounters the many faces of North America and a number of unique situations. The book is filled with stories that make you question the earth around you and how we take care of it. I enjoyed the book.

 The Love That Split the World
This one was a fantasy, time shifting novel that I had anticipated reading since I saw it was first coming out. I enjoyed the characters and the quest of the main character. However, I do have to say that there are a couple of passages I had to read a couple of times to prevent confusion. The book is detailed and has beautiful imagery. I enjoyed the story.

LumberJanes Vol.3

I have been waiting for this book for months and it did not disappoint! Another great read with beautiful illustrations. I love this series and I appreciate the creativity in these stories. I loved that there were a variety of 'ghost stories' and you got to see a number of styles included in this book. If you haven't read a graphic novel, this is a great series to pick up!

Rat Queens Vol. 3
The illustrations were wonderful in this volume. I am always amazed at the talent. The stories were good, but didn't quite captivate me as much as some of the prior stories. That said, I did enjoy it very much. I love the adventures that the Rat Queens go on and it always keeps you wanting to keep reading! Disclaimer: this one does have some adult content.

Allegiant
The third book in the Divergent Trilogy. Without saying too much, I know what had to happen and I get why it did but why did it have to. I enjoyed this one as much as the other two and appreciate the series very much. I read this one with my husband and I am glad that I finally took the time to do so. It is jam packed with adventure!

Magical Monarch of Mo

A book by the talented Frank Baum, author of the Wizard of Oz. In this book we had another chance to visit one of his world's. I enjoyed this version of the book because of the illustrations. Quirky at times, I enjoyed being taken on another adventure. 

 What have you been reading lately?







Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS