Reading Recap

Monday, April 18, 2016




Hi Everyone!


Just popping by quick with a couple of mini reviews on books that I have been reading, but haven’t had a chance to report out on.

Four
Author: Veronica Roth
The book that is a follow up to the Divergent series, told from Tobias’ point of view. I enjoyed reading and seeing the story through his eyes. I would recommend reading this one only after you have had a chance to read the entire trilogy. It covers a number of pieces of each book and I enjoyed reading this one. 


Cleo: The Cat Who Mended a Family
Author: Helen Brown
The Marley and Me book of the cat world. I enjoyed this book. In this story, we learn about Cleo who comes to live with a family after an accident. In this story, Cleo warms the lives of those around her while they are coping with hard times. I love the power of animals and she was certainly in tune with her family. It was a cute story and I loved it.


Newt’s Emerald
Author: Garth Nix
I picked this book up at Book Con last year and I am sad to admit that it almost took me a year to get it to it. I read it as part of the #RockMyTBR challenge for this month. This book is not my typical book. It was very fantasy based. However, as strange as it sounds, watching Downton Abbey actually made me appreciate this book a little more. When the missing infamous Emerald goes missing, there is a quest to find it again. A cute book with witty characters. I am glad I gave this one a try.


What have you been reading lately? 

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS