Love-a-Thon 2017

Saturday, February 18, 2017


Hi Everyone! Happy Start of another Love-A-Thon Year! Here are my answers for the 
QUESTIONNAIRE

An Introduction to You and Your Blog
  1. What’s your name? Where in the world are you blogging from? Valerie, Greater DC area
  2. Tell us your history with reading. Were you always a reader? Were you a reluctant reader? Was there a book that convinced you to become a reader?
    I have always been a reader since I was a little girl. I can safely say it has always been in my blood!
  3. How did you get involved in the online book community? We have a personal blog, but my mother in law had an idea about creating my own book blog and so I did :)
  4. How did you choose your primary platform (blog, Instagram, YouTube, etc)? I thought blogspot seemed easier to use!
  5. What’s your favorite thing about the online book community? The people!
  6. What sort of posts can readers expect from you? All kinds, I try to mix it up as much as I can.
  7. What book genres do you talk about most?  YA, Womens Literature, Memoirs, all over the place :)

Favorites
  1. Favorite food? Beverage?  Hot Chocolate/Spaghetti
  2. Favorite color? It changes, but usually orange or green.
  3. Favorite things to do apart from reading? Traveling, Hiking, Running, :)
  4. Favorite tv shows? Gilmore Girls
  5. Favorite movies?  The Wedding Singer, Armageddon, Cars
  6. Favorite musical artists?  Garth Brooks, Jason Aldean
  7. Favorite places to shop?  REI

Book Talk
  1. Favorite childhood books?  Chicken Soup with Rice (Maurice Sendak)
  2. Favorite books read in the last five years? I have a fave list on my good reads page.
  3. Favorite genres? All sorts!
  4. Underrated book, series or author you love?  The Richest Man in Town
  5. A book you want to see made into a film or tv show? Ummm not sure.
  6. Book boyfriend/girlfriend? Book BFF? Book family?  All of you!
  7. Books you want to read in 2017? I set a goal to read the books I own!

8 comments:

  1. I love your blog title! I see you liked Chicken Soup with Rice, did you ever hear the musical version of that book? The song is now stuck in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have not, but I need to find it!!

      Delete
  2. Your blog title cracks me up! I hope no one ever makes me choose, lol. I really enjoy pasta, and I'm about to go make me a nice cup of hot cocoa as soon as I finish this comment. I'm sort of a backlist reader, i'm rarely aware of the newest, hottest books, I just read what I like, and sometimes I'll pick up a book after a good review or a recommendation. Great post and happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) That sounds so nice! I hope that you get some good reading time in! Happy Reading :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this! It is wonderful to know more about you. I used to live in the DC area. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that! :) So much fun! I wish you were still here!

      Delete
  4. It was great getting to meet you, Valerie. I used to watch Gilmore Girls every week with my mom when it was out. It's a great show and when she comes out to visit we usually binge watch all the old episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! good to meet you too! :) So much fun! I am glad that you enjoy Gilmore Girls too.

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS