Book Tour: Dreamland Burning

Monday, February 13, 2017



Hi Everyone!

I am excited to be here with today as part of the Dreamland Burning tour, brought to us through Hannah at the Irish Banana. 


PERSONAL REVIEW: This book was so moving! I loved that it goes back and forth and that you get to see both perspectives on a situation. It's like having your own time machine and I wish that we had more books in this format.

This book addresses some topics that are not easy to write about. That said, I thought it was presented in a way that informative and makes you think. I appreciate that I am not told what to think, but that it is from a very place of 'this is what happened.'  I certainly would welcome the opinions of others on the topic.

This book was an interesting read and kept me reading right up until the end. Thank you for the opportunity.


 


*********************************************


ABOUT DREAMLAND BURNING:
Some bodies won’t stay buried.
Some stories need to be told.
 

When seventeen-year-old Rowan Chase finds a skeleton on her family's property, she has no idea that investigating the brutal century-old murder will lead to a summer of painful discoveries about the past... and the present.

Nearly one hundred years earlier, a misguided violent encounter propels seventeen-year-old Will Tillman into a racial firestorm. In a country rife with violence against blacks and a hometown segregated by Jim Crow, Will must make hard choices on a painful journey towards self discovery and face his inner demons in order to do what's right the night Tulsa burns.

Through intricately interwoven alternating perspectives, Jennifer Latham’s lightning-paced page-turner brings the Tulsa race riot of 1921 to blazing life and raises important question about the complex state of US race relations – both yesterday and today.
LINKS: Amazon | B&N

 



ABOUT JENNIFER LATHAM:
I'm a grown-up army brat with two kids, two dogs, and a husband. After working in a morgue, a maximum-security prison, a heroin detox, and assorted middle and high schools, I decided to try may hand at writing. Happily, it stuck.

I love watching people.

And I love writing about the characters who live inside my head—even when they don’t play nice.

LINKS: Website | Twitter | Facebook

Tour Schedule:
Week 1:


Week 2:

Giveaway:
3 Finished Copies of DREAMLAND BURNING (US/Canada Only)

 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very moving and important read! Especially right now. I've added Dreamland Burning to my TBR and can't wait to start an adventure with Rowan! I love any kind of Historical Fiction and it's even better when it's grounded in the present as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting read. I will definitely have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS