ARC April

Friday, April 1, 2016

Hi Everyone!

I am signing up to participate in the ARC April Reading Challenge. I have set a goal to finish six ARC's in April and to obtain the silver level! I will track the information here as I go!

1. When We Collide
2. All Better Now
3. Trespassing Across America
4. The Long Game (Fixer #2)
5. What Happens in the Alps
GOAL MET! 6.  Braving It 

7.  She Poured Out Her Heart 
8.  The Lost & Found 
9.  Food and the City 
10. Liar
11. The Path
12. I Know What I Am Doing
13. Where You'll Find Me
14. The Stars of Summer
15. The Lost and Found Life of Rosy Bennett
16. Glory Over Everything

4/25 Note: I participated in the #ARCApril chat last night and it was alot of fun! The people hosting this event are awesome, so you should go follow them right now. :) They have also inspired me to want to reach the diamond level, so if  you cant find me for the 6 days it is because I have 6.5 books to finish! :)

4/29: I did it! Yes, I read 6.5 books in 4 days. It's been a little insane. All I have done is read. Literally. Every chance I had was spent reading. While that was awesome, I must return to my normally scheduled life and my husband :) Happy Reading!

Final Wrap Up: What an awesome month and a fun event! I really appreciated the 'you can do it attitude and support' that I got from this group of people. I was also at the end of April caught up on all my current ARC's through April and some of the older ones that I just hadn't got to. It feels great to clear the shelves a little bit as I am heading to Book Con in a couple weeks. I hope that they do this again and that next time you will participate too! Happy Reading! 

***********************************************************
For my information click the Link above and read the following!

Guidelines

ARC April, like ARC August is all about YOUR personal goal in regards to YOUR ARCs! This was made as a “low pressure” but maximum benefits kind of challenge and I really want to continue that! The only real rule for ARC April is any books you count towards the challenge MUST be an ARC. It can be an e-ARC or physical ARC. It can have a 2017 release date or an overdue date of 2010! As long as it is an ARC we won’t judge you or take that accomplishment lightly.
*Update* If you decide to read a finished copy of an expired eARC that is FINE. <b>HOWEVER</b> this is straight honor system. Meaning I am TRUSTING you to be honest that you read a finished copy of an ARC you were once granted. Ok? Ok.

The Incentive

Traditionally Shelly and I create a linky and just let you participate until your heart in content and pick a random winner from that initial sign up post. But I want to try something different this year! This year sign ups will close April 15th and there will be NO exceptions made. In addition we are going to implement a point system! Now remember the goal is to make a dent in those ARCs of yours but we understand that a prize is always a helpful way to get a goal accomplished right?! Right! So the point system will go as follows:
1-4 ARCs read for the month = The Bronze Reader Level
5-9 ARCs read for the month = The Silver Reader Level
10-15 ARCs read for the month = The Gold Reader Level
16+ ARCs read for the month = The Diamond Reader Level
Now each tier puts you in a different prize bracket.
Bronze =  Shelly & I are headed to BEA this year and I’m sure we could score some pretty cool totes and swag for this tier!
Silver = $10 Bookoutlet gift card. This is open INT!
Gold = $20 TBD gift card This is open INT!
Diamond = 1 ARC signed IF POSSIBLE of your choosing, from Book Expo America 2016. This giveaway is open INT and requires further clarity and details:
1. Authors that require a ticket MAY NOT BE SIGNED. The cost to get a ticket is really expensive and those lines are normally the craziest. We will do everything we can to get you the book of your choice signed but in the event that is not an option please understand we truly did try our best.
2. Once BEA releases the list and schedule of books that will be at BEA we will post said list here. Once a winner is selected THEN, and only then, will they be able to submit their prize request. We all hear rumors of what “might” be at BEA and I don’t want someone getting all worked up and excited about a book just for the publisher to show up and it only be a sample. Cool? Cool.
3. This is open INT. Meaning we will ship it to you no matter where you live. We will supply a tracking number but you must be PATIENT. There’s a 90% chance I won’t be able to ship it until I am back home. I will not ship anything while I am in Chicago since I have no idea if I’ll have the time.

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Already met your goal and we are only half way done! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I have done a couple of other readathons this month that overlapped, so it has made a big difference! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on already meeting your personal goal! I've read 3 books so far, which I'm very happy with. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Congrats to you as well. Keep up the great work! :)

      Delete
  3. Woah! You blew your own initial goal out of the water! Way to go! Also, #ARCAugust is just around the corner!!!!! They host that one too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It went way better than I could have ever hoped for! I really hope that they do it again! :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS