Last Weeks Reviews

Thursday, March 3, 2016




Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well!

Sorry for the lack of posting last week, but we were on vacation. I wanted to stop by quick with an update of the books that I have recently finished. I will be wrapping these up with my Feb. update-to come soon!

Divergent
The first book in the trilogy. This is book of Tris and her placement into a faction. The book follows her as she adjusts to her decision and gets to know new friends. She eventually experiences a romance in addition to all of the adventure she goes on to prove herself in the Dauntless. I read this book because my husband was interesting in reading the series. I enjoyed the story and I am looking forward to reading the next one.

BSC #3
This is the 3rd graphic novel in the babysitters club series. This one was focused on Mary Anne. I enjoyed revisiting this story and getting to know the characters again. In this one, we are finally introduced Dawn. These books in general bring nostalgia to me and I really am having fun re-reading them in this new format.

She’s Not There
This is a powerful book. In this memoir, it discusses a gender transformation and the experience related to that change. The author began life as a male, but went through the process to become a woman. I will be honest, I really don’t know much about this topic. I picked up this book for the book riot read harder challenge. I appreciated the experience of learning about this topic and have a better appreciation for others who may feel this way.

Stir, My Broken Brain
In this memoir, the writer experiences a brain aneurysm. When this happens, she has to learn to do the most basic of tasks over again. One way she is able to do so is through cooking. In return, she shares a series of recipes along with the story of her past. I enjoyed this book. It was an interesting read and a good story! Special thanks to Melissa for recommending this one to me. I am glad you did!

The Witches, Salem 1692
In this book, history of the community of Salem and the trials of the ‘witches’ is explained. I found the story incredibly interesting. In this book, you revisit the perspective of each of the trials. In some cases, you hear about the evidence that was gathered, in others you hear the stories of what happened. It was noted that the records are not always entirely clear. Definitely makes me want to visit the place and see what history resides there. I enjoyed this book.

What have you been reading lately? Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS