Reading Recap: A Little Life and Insurgent

Monday, March 21, 2016




Author: Hanya Yanagihara
 
Summary from Goodreads:
This is a book of classmates, who over time remain friends despite their own encounters, challenges, successes, and life in general. They are bonded together by a man named Jude. The story outlines the ways in which their lives intersect in a real to life manner. A book that is a bit on the longer side, it certainly has a powerful story. 

Personal Review:
When I first saw this book, I felt like it called to me to pick it up. It had received several awards and the image on the front makes you wonder. I was glad that I did. I enjoyed reading the story though there are parts that are not easy to read. I am using this book to pass for my 500 page book for the Read Harder Challenge and 600 page book for the Pop Sugar challenge.



 **********************************************
Author: Veronica Roth
 
Summary from Goodreads:
This is a book two of the Divergent Series. In this book, Tris, Four, and the others embrace the next phase of her own Divergence. She is learning to deal with her own emotions despite the chaos around her and getting to know who how she will react. A quick paced book, I enjoyed reading it. 

Personal Review:
I picked up this book based off a suggestion from my husband. We both read the first book and decided to continue with the second one. I enjoyed getting to revisit the story and find out what happens next in the saga. The book was a good read and I enjoyed it.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS