Guest Post with Ellen Wood

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Hi Everyone!

I am excited to be here today to bring you guest post from Ellen Wood. Please help me by giving her a warm welcome to the blog!

*********************




How To Talk To Your Body by Ellen Wood, Author of Joy! Joy! Joy!
There’s a light dusting of snow on Taos Mountain and this very warm day has turned quite chilly as the sun begins to set. From my car window I see no-neck people with their collars turned up and shoulders slightly hunched against the wind. It’s sleeveless weather during the day but the temperature plunges 50 degrees by dark in this high-elevation town, and many of those still outside are caught underdressed even though they know it happens every day this time of year. I park the car, step outside and whoosh! – the wind has its own design in mind for my hair.

I used to lament my thin hair but since I’ve been practicing age-reversing/joy-receiving techniques, I’ve changed how I feel about my hair – and every other part of my body. I know that loving who I am and how I look and feel right now is an essential part of this process. And I know that what I think and believe about who I am determines how I look and feel.

Here’s why: our thoughts and beliefs create energy, which influences matter – since at the most basic level, matter IS energy. The sub-atomic “particles” that compose your body are energy. This energy exists as a wave, until you observe it – and then it becomes a particle. But if you stop observing this energy, it becomes a wave again.

If you’d like to know more about the science, read renowned cell biologist Dr. Bruce Lipton’s “Biology of Belief.”

So it’s your observation, your attention, your intention, that literally creates what you see around you, and literally, creates you – your body. This is a participatory universe, in which your consciousness participates in the creation of everything.

If you can manage to love who you are and how you look right now, then joy and youthfulness will come to you far more quickly. But if you can’t truly love yourself, “fake it ’til you feel it.” Instead of criticizing your hair, your skin, your legs, your butt, occupy your conscious mind with words of love. You’ll be amazed at the difference it will make after this becomes a habit.

Talk to your body. Here’s an example of how I talk to parts of my body, “I love you, legs. Thank you for carrying me around. Thank you for getting me up and down stairs without my having to consciously think about it.” Try it. Do it while you’re bathing, or dry brushing your skin, if that seems a more appropriate way to begin.

But don’t stop at your body: say “I love you” frequently.  When I wake up in the morning, I look out the window and say, “I love you, mountains.” Do they hear me?  I don’t know. What I DO know is that it makes me feel good and creates the thrilling emotion of love inside my being – so why not say it?

As I write this, I am saying “I love you,” to you, my reader. I hope you can feel it.


For further info:
www.howtogrowyounger.com



Ellen Wood of Taos, New Mexico, is a humorous inspirational speaker, columnist and award-winning author. As upbeat and vivacious as Ms. Wood is, it hasn't always been an easy road for her. Five years after her mother died of Alzheimer’s, Ellen started experiencing progressive mental decline similar to the early stages of Alzheimer’s (she has the gene, APO-e4). That, plus a diagnosis of breast cancer and other serious knocks and bruises, provided the ‘wake up call’ to change her life. In 2004 Ellen developed a program of seven mind/body/spirit techniques which she continues practicing to this day. She shared the mental and spiritual foundation for rejuvenation in Think and Grow Young and the audio book won the Gold Nautilus Award in 2011. An unexpected speaking engagement to help an organization decrease a northern New Mexico town’s high suicide and depression rate changed Ellen’s primary focus from growing younger to reducing stress and conquering the blues. That speech led to subsequent speaking gigs on the subject and Joy! Joy! Joy! 7 Mind Body Spirit Self-Help Practices to Relieve Stress and Anxiety, Reverse Memory Loss and Live Happy was born.

Short Bio:
Ellen Wood of Taos, New Mexico, is a humorous inspirational speaker, columnist and award-winning author of Think and Grow Young. Her new book is Joy! Joy! Joy! 7 Mind Body Spirit Self-Help Practices to Relieve Stress and Anxiety, Reverse Memory Loss and Live Happy.


 ***********************
Thanks Ellen for being on the blog today!

 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS