Book Review: Almost Somewhere: 28 Days on the John Muir Trail

Monday, May 25, 2015






Author: Suzanne Roberts

Summary from Goodreads:
The year is 1993 and Suzanne Roberts has set off on an adventure with two friends, Erika and Dionne to hike the John Muir Trail. The JMT stretches through three National Parks, Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon, and Yosemite. The book captures Suzanne’s perspective of the hike as she escapes from the reality ‘of the real world.’ Throughout the book she discusses both the story of her life unfolding in front of her, as well as the nature around her.

I highly recommend this book.

Personal Review:
I loved this book! In the words of Suzanne quoting John Muir, “The Mountains are calling and I must go.” No truer words can be spoken for me. I loved the way that she captured the hard times, the good times, and the adventure of being a thu-hiker. I love hearing about the people she met on the trail and how slowly as they move along, she starts to discover more about herself. I love the infusion of nature and what she is seeing around her on the adventure.

This would be a must read book that is good for anyone who loves nature and adventure.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS