Book Review: Rebel Belle

Thursday, May 14, 2015




Author: Rachel Hawkins
 
Summary from Goodreads:
Harper, a Southern Belle, did not expect her year to go the way it has. What started out as a normal dance, turns into a series of strange events. Through the course of the book and these events, she learns more about who she is, what she must do, and how she must protect those around her.

The book was an enjoyable read. In the acknowledgement page, they indicate it is a “Legally Blonde meets the Terminator” type story and I can’t agree more. It had me reading to find out what happened next. I look forward to the next one.


Personal Review:
Being as this is the first book in a series, I was glad to be drawn into the book. I wanted to understand about the characters, who they are, and what would make them act the way that they do. This book didn’t answer all of those questions, but set up a foundation for future books to help us know and understand.

 

I enjoyed the build up to the big event, but then felt it was over rather quickly. The imagery that is playing in my head was vivid as the author describes the scenes throughout the book. I appreciated the romantic story line, but was a little surprised by the ending of the newly formed trio. It should make for some interesting story lines in the next couple of books.
 

The main point of this review is to say that I enjoyed the book. I will pick up the second one and see if it can answer some of the remaining questions that I have in mind. Until then!
 

Have you read this series? What do you think of it? Any thoughts on the next book?

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS