NY Times By The Book Tag

Friday, August 12, 2016

 

 

NY Times By the Book Tag

1. What book is on your nightstand now?
 I never have just one! Originals by Adam Grant, For This Life Only by Kade, and Full of Beans by Jennifer L. Holm.

2. What was the last truly great book that you read?
You Can't Have My Hate. It was stunning.

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?
I have 1000 that I would like to meet :) Probably Anne Frank though. I know she didn't know she was an 'author', but the experience she was alive for is moving and interesting.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves? 
Ummm...that is a hard question. I am pretty predictable when it comes to the books I like and only keep the ones that I really need to keep.

5. How do you organize your personal library?
They are grouped by type of book. I have all of my hiking ones, graphic novels, etc. (You get the idea) grouped together)

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t got round to yet?
Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
I think anything that is on my TBR stack!

7. Disappointing, over-rated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn’t? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing? 
I started Cinder, but I just didn't love it. I know people love the Lunar Chronicles and some day, I may try again but I just wasn't in the mood.

8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?
  I love Memoirs, books about animals, and books about hiking. I try to stay clear of Horror, but surprisingly I read my Best Friend's Exorcism and it was really good.

9. If you could require the president to read one book, what would it be? 
Good question--ummmm...The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.

10. What do you plan to read next?
The books on my nightstand!



The New York Times 'By the Book' Tag was originally created by Marie Berg on Youtube. Thank you @KatieHarness1 for the tag!

2 comments:

  1. I am trying so hard to stick to one book at a time right now. I am usually reading at least two at once. I love memoirs too. Good pick for the author. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so restless! I guess that is my mind doing 100 things at once. I am glad you found a method that works for you though! Thank you! :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS