Reading Recap

Friday, May 27, 2016




Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by with a quick reading recap from the last little while.

Even If The Sky Falls
This is the story of Julie and Miles and an adventure that takes place in New Orleans. An exploration of the city, some romance, and self-discovery while coping with what has been going on in their own lives makes the plot for this one that keeps you wanting to know what will happen. I loved that it was set in New Orleans because I was just there in February and some of the sites were very vivid in my mind. I appreciated the authors attention to detail and would recommend this one.  Disclaimer: I was provided a free review copy on Edelweiss, but all opinions are my own.

I Almost Forgot About You
In this book, Georgia, an optometrist starts to feel a bit restless about her life. When she has a patient who shows up and reminds her of a dear friend from her past, she decides to take on tracking down other people from her past. In a variety of conversations she catches up with those people who had profound impact on her life. She is reminded by the actions of the past and how they have shaped her life today. Some blooming romance ensues. An interesting book. Disclaimer: I was provided a free copy of this book from Shelf Awareness, but all opinions are my own.

The Blue Bath
This story is one about Kat and how she soon discovers that her past is more prominent than she ever knew.  When she was 19 years old, she had a relationship with an artist named Daniel.  Even though they parted ways, she soon discovers that Daniel has continued to create art with image included in them. Worried about how this may impact her current life, she goes on a quest to get more information. The story is one that is about understanding your past, connecting with others, and trying to understand the feelings of others. Disclaimer: I was provided a free copy of this book from Shelf Awareness, but all opinions are my own.

My Best Friend’s Exorcism
 This is the story of Gretchen and Abby, who are best friends since elementary school. They have seen each other through some interesting times. One night when experimenting with LSD, Gretchen goes into the woods and doesn’t return until the next day. When she does, things begin to change and not for the better. Abby has to learn to deal with the evil that is going on around her and her best friend. I don’t want to spoil anything for you, but the book is not for the faint of heart. I have to be honest, this is not the typical book that I read but it really was written well. It made me want to know what was going to happen. Some of the things that happen were much too graphic for my tastes, but the story itself was good and the broader themes were important. I enjoyed this book. Disclaimer: I was provided a free copy of this book from Shelf Awareness, but all opinions are my own.


Have you read any of these? What did you think?

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS