#TBYSReadathon Wrap Up

Monday, May 30, 2016




Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by with a quick reading recap from this weekend. I participated in the #TBYSreadathon and was able to finish 8 books! Since you guys already got the recap of ‘The Little Paris Bookshop’ here are some quick thoughts on the other seven.

Love and Gelato
This book was sooo cute! I really enjoyed it and it absolutely made me want to go to Italy. The food, the sights, the story…it was really good. I found it was a bit predictable, but I think if it had been any other way I wouldn’t have enjoyed it as much. If you enjoy contemporary romance and a light summer read I would recommend this one.

The Slice Harvester
This is the story of the quest to eat pizza at all of the locations in Manhattan. 2 years and 435 stops later, we get to know a lot more about what it takes. This book opened my eyes to what it means to set standards for what you determine is good food, as well as the culture in NYC. I think the author learned a lot of life as well. A good book.

Scarlet Epstein Hates It Here
This was a book that was not written for me. I thought that the main character came across a little bit snotty and I didn’t really get into the story line. For those wondering it is about the follow up from a fan fiction on a TV show that gets canceled. It just wasn’t the book for me. That said, the writing was well done and for someone who enjoys those elements in a story, I think that they would probably love this book.

The Goddess Pose

I picked this one up for the Pop Sugar and Read Harder challenges. In this book we are reminded of the history of Yoga and the person who brought it to Western America. An informative read with lots of research about the person and the impact that it has on our daily lives. I enjoyed the story very much and found it to be a great read.

Every Exquisite Thing
The last Matthew Quick book that I read was Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock. While both have a somewhat dark story line, it was interesting to see how this one played out. I can tell that the author thinks very deeply about the stories and it is fascinating to see how it all plays out. This story includes poetry that explains the feelings of the characters and adds to the narrative. The story itself was a bit hard for me to follow at times, but when you read the poems it makes sense.  An interesting read.

Fun Home
A graphic novel that I picked up because I thought it sounded interesting. It certainly was, but it was also a lot ‘darker’ then what I had first expected. In this one, we are given the insight to the family and what ‘normal’ means for them. I enjoyed the story and the illustrations. In general, it was different than what I thought it was going to be like.

Please Stop Laughing At Me
This book made me tear up several times. In this book, we learn about Jodee’s life as a child and the impact that bullying had on her. There are stories that are incredibly personal and painful to read. What courage she has to share her story with the world! I enjoyed this book very much. If you have read A Child Called It, I would recommend this book.

Have you read any of these? What did you think?

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS