Guest Post: Kate O' Keefe

Sunday, June 11, 2017



Hi Everyone!

I am excited to be here today to bring you another guest post. Please help me with welcoming Kate to the blog!

************************

What inspired me to write this book? Well, there are a few reasons:
I’ve been lucky enough to have a great group of friends in my life. We’ve had our ups and we’ve had our downs, but we know when the chips are down, we’ll have each others’ back, no question. I wanted to write a series of books about such a group of friends and I loved the idea of them getting together and making a pact to find The One. Although I never did such a thing, I did get to the point where I was sick of dating and just wanted to get on with finding him (which I did, although I didn’t realize at the time he was someone I already knew!). So, I guess in some ways, Cassie’s story in One Last First Date is my story—only without the pact and the embarrassing date faux pas, thank goodness!

I’m a self-confessed rom com lover. I adore the way you get to go on a journey with the heroine, hoping she’ll will find her knight in shining armor, maybe even wanting to scream at her if she’s with the wrong guy or making bad decisions. And it’s always with humor, got to have the humor. I wanted to write a story that made readers go on that journey, to feel all warm inside while they read it. I wanted to write a story filled with fun and laughter, some cringe moments, and maybe even a tear or two. In short, I wanted to write the kind of story I love to read.


When I came up with the idea of a friends’ pact, I just knew it could make a fantastic series, following each friend as she works out what she needs to get to her happily ever after. One Last First Date is Cassie’s story and is the first book in that series. The next book is Paige’s story, entitled Two Last First Dates (can you see where this is going?), the third book is Marissa’s story, entitled (you guessed it) Three Last First Dates, and lucky last will be Bailey’s story, A Final Last First Date (ha! Fooled you!). The friends’ stories are interwoven through each book, through life’s trials and tribulations, career choices, and, of course, finding The One. I hope readers will love the series as much as I did writing it! 

**************

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! :) 

 
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS