Book Review: The Comic Book Story of Video Games

Saturday, October 28, 2017



Author: by
 
Summary from Goodreads: 
A complete, illustrated history of video games--highlighting the machines, games, and people who have made gaming a worldwide, billion dollar industry/artform--told in a graphic novel format.
 

Author Jonathan Hennessey and illustrator Jack McGowan present the first full-color, chronological origin story for this hugely successful, omnipresent artform and business. Hennessey provides readers with everything they need to know about video games--from their early beginnings during World War II to the emergence of arcade games in the 1970s to the rise of Nintendo to today's app-based games like Angry Birds and Pokemon Go. Hennessey and McGowan also analyze the evolution of gaming as an artform and its impact on society. Each chapter features spotlights on major players in the development of games and gaming that contains everything that gamers and non-gamers alike need to understand and appreciate this incredible phenomenon.


Personal Review:
When I first saw this book, I knew I had to get it. I don't consider myself a huge gamer, but I do enjoy games now and again. This book was written in comic book format and such a fun way to learn about how games have shaped the world we live in.

I greatly appreciated the information, as well as the illustrations in this book. I found the book informative and entertaining. I would recommend if you have an interest in getting the back story.

Thank you for the opportunity to read this book.


Disclaimer: I was awarded this book as part of the Blogging for Books program. Though I did not pay for the book, the opinions are strictly my own.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS