Book Review: Surviving Gretchen

Monday, November 14, 2016




Author: Bonnie Daly
 
Summary from Goodreads: 
 Abby and Emma aren't just best friends. They're like two life forces sharing the same soul, certain the ties that bind them can weather any storm. Then Gretchen comes into their lives, blowing across the landscape of their friendship like a hurricane. Will Abby and Emma survive Gretchen?

Surviving Gretchen, the first book in Bonnie Daly's The Storms of Friendship series, is a captivating tale about what happens when the bond between two thirteen-year-old girls is threatened by the dark, swirling depths of another girl's jealousy. The story reveals the importance of true friendship, mutual trust, and never taking the people you love for granted.



Personal Review:
I enjoy middle grade stories and this was one that fit the bill for me. I enjoyed the story of Abby and Emma and how their friendship is tested, by a new person. The book for me was written in away that makes you feel how each of the girls is impacted during this trying time in their friendship.

There was some elements of this book that were different from the traditional story. For example, Ozzy the goat. This made me smile each time a scene occurred with him in it. I really enjoyed that it was a little different than just the traditional 'falling out' book.

This book was a pretty quick read for me. That said, I enjoyed the story. Thank you for the opportunity to review this book.
  
Disclaimer: I was awarded this book from the author. Though I did not pay for the book, the opinions are strictly my own.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS