Book Review: Very Good Lives

Monday, May 18, 2015






 Author: J.K. Rowling

Summary from Goodreads:
J.K. Rowling was asked to deliver the commencement address at Harvard in 2008. This book is her speech in one short, concise place. The book discusses two major themes: it is okay to fail and that with imagination all things are possible.

A very quick read, recommend for anyone looking for a little motivation.

Personal Review:
J.K. Rowling is probably most noted for the Harry Potter series, so when you find she has written other things I find it always a treat. Don’t get me wrong, I liked Harry Potter too (#teamhufflepuff) but I like when I can see the other works she is doing.

This speech shed some new insight for me about the childhood of this author. I like that she showcases her desire to do something and not succeed right away. I love that she learned lessons and made the best of her situation, even when she was not doing exactly what she wanted in life (while working for Amnesty International). I love that she let her dreams become realities.  A perfect quick read to celebrate graduation season!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS