Book Review: The Professor Is In

Monday, November 2, 2015


Author: Karen Kelsky

Summary from Goodreads:
This is a book about the academic job market. Karen uses practical advice to help the students she works with to create a plan and to help those who earn a PHD succeed.



Personal Review:
I enjoyed this book.  I have been considering getting a PHD for some time now and I wanted to get a better understanding of what that might entail if I decided to do so. This book certainly helped with that. I enjoyed the practical advice.

 

I have a better understanding now if I would decide this is something that I wish to pursue, about the different items that I should be considering when as a student. There is a significance in publishing and ensuring that you can write effectively. Both of these are important considerations as I move forward in learning more about my future.
 

I enjoyed the book.
 
Happy Reading! 

PS. This book also is #100 for the year for me! YAY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS