Book Review: Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda

Monday, January 25, 2016





Author: Becky Albertalli

Summary from Goodreads:
This is the story of Simon and his admirer, Blue. Simon has not yet come out to his family and friends, but can be his true self with Blue. When his secret gets discovered, he gets blackmailed into helping someone else so his secret won’t come out.  

Personal Review:
I enjoyed this book.  I picked it up because a lot of other bloggers have been speaking so highly of it. I am glad that I did. I especially enjoyed the plot of this story. It kept me wanting to read and know what happens. The words flow in an easy way.

This book did a good job of making me feel for the characters. You can tell especially for Simon that he is working through some complex feelings and is being pulled in a number of directions. I like that connection to the main person.

The story itself was an interesting one and I feel like it challenges the traditional young adult norm of a story a little bit. I appreciate that it makes me familiar with topics I would have not been previously familiar with.

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Bought this one but haven't read it yet. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I really enjoyed reading it, so I am glad you have it!

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS