Book Review: Never Broken: Songs are only half the story

Friday, January 15, 2016




Author: Jewel

Summary from Goodreads:
In her memoir, Jewel discusses her motivation behind her songs and the stages of her life. She describes times that were challenging and required survival. She also describes how she used those tough times as motivation for her music. An interesting read.  

Personal Review:
I really enjoyed this book. I found out a lot of information that I never knew about Jewel before. I had no idea that she was from Alaska. I also never realized how many different things she experienced as a child and a teenager that shaped her world view.

I think that the thing I liked most about this book was the honesty. She told stories exactly as she remembered them and how they made her feel. In addition to being her song lyric, the words Never Broken resonate in her life as well.

The book leads up to where she is in her current life. While it is not perfect, she is learning to get through every day. I really enjoyed reading about her story and the challenges she has had. It is nice to see the person behind the famous one you think you know.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS