Reading Recap

Sunday, December 27, 2015




Hey Everyone!

I wanted to stop by with a quick with another reading recap. I think I will probably have this post and one more recapping my books before I get back to the regular single reviews book by book. This time I am participating in the #EOTY2015 (End of the Year 2015) readathon in conjunction with trying to finish by #0by16 list.

Here are the highlights:

The Headmasters Darlings
This a cute, funny story about Norman Laney and his quest to find out about why he was demanded to give his resignation to the school. He sets on a journey with the help of some of students, who he has big dreams for. The characters are enjoyable, and the plot is one that quickly takes you through the pages scene by scene. I was awarded this book from Good Reads, but opinions are strictly my own.

Ocean Country
A beautiful book, both outside (cover) and inside. In this book, we get to journey with Liz as she travels many oceans in hopes to understand the environment. If there is a book that gets my travel bug going, this was it! Liz is dealing with a number of challenges she has had in her own life, including an accident that left her paralyzed.  I enjoyed the book because of the various interactions she has with other ‘ocean people’ in all sorts of locations.  I was awarded this book from Good Reads, but opinions are strictly my own.

See Me
The latest Nicholas Sparks book is another gripping romance that leaves you wanting to know what will happen to Colin and Maria. I don’t want to give away too many spoilers, but there are some items that Maria has to cope with before they can move ahead. I enjoyed the characters and the story, I appreciated the efforts that all take to show what it means to love another person. A good book for those who enjoy romance.

Things I Can’t Explain
A book about a grown up Clarissa from the 90’s tv show, Clarissa Explains It All. I couldn’t help but hear Melissa Joan Hart’s voice as Clarissa as I read it. The story is cute with a few challenges that Clarissa has to overcome in her personal life, her family life, and her somewhat of a love life. We get to see glimpses of characters from the TV Show and find out a little more about who they have become. I like the recreation elements and I enjoyed this quick read.

What did you guys read over the weekend?

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS