Weekend Recap

Monday, December 14, 2015

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to stop by with a quick with another reading recap from this last week. I enjoyed the opportunity to take in a few new books. Yay!   

Here are the highlights: 


Janes in Love
In this follow up book, the Janes are back. This time P.L.A.I.N is at risk due to the tough cracking down the city is having on them. In addition, there are some new love interests that catch the attention of the Janes’. A comic that is equally as amusing as the first one, I really wish that they would have kept going with this series. Alas, I am happy that they gave us two!

Of Dice and Men
This is the background story behind the famous game Dungeons and Dragons (D&D). Told from the perspective of how the game evolved, as well as how it changed the writer’s life, this was an interesting book. I read this one to develop a better understanding of my brother in law, who really loves this game. I would love to see them create an updated book related to this because I believe that the version has changed since this was released.

 
The Very Persistent Gappers of Frip
I won a copy of this on Good Reads and I am so glad that I did! I loved the story and instantly taken back to my youth. The illustrations of the book are done by the same person who done the stinky cheese man story and I loved it. The story was a little silly, but mainly about how the townspeople could overcome the challenges that the gappers had placed on their town. Such a cute book! 


Can You Keep a Secret
Maybe it was nostalgia, maybe it was the quick suspense, maybe it was something else…but all I know is that I loved every second of reading this book. So much in fact that I didn’t put it down. I read it through (all 327 pages) in one sitting. Granted the text was pretty big, but still. I love being able to revisit Fear Street and the Woods with R.L. Stine. In the story itself, we learn about Emmy and the secret she is hiding. This one comes out in 2016 and I highly recommend picking up a copy. I was given a free copy through Good Reads, but in no way did this change my opinion.

Underground in Berlin
In this moving recount of survival, we visit Berlin and what it was like to be surrounded by Nazi Germany as a Jewish community member. In her quest to survive, she hides who she is. Along with that new identity comes a lot of second guessing, looking over her shoulder, and secrets that she must take with her. The book was an interesting read. I cannot imagine what she must have felt like going through what she did. I was given this book through Good Reads, but the opinions are strictly my own.

 
Rat Queens-Vol. 2
In this book we meet up again with the Rat Queens and their next adventures. I enjoyed this novel as much as the first one and was greeted with illustrations as brilliant as the first. I was given this book from a gift from my #TBTBSanta and I really appreciate her thoughtfulness! The stories take course over chapters 6-10. In each one, we get a different understanding about the individuals in the story. We experience romance and adventure. I like that the plot is both interesting and that it helped improve my understanding of the characters. I love the backstory and I hope that there will be more of these to come!

 

What did you guys read over the weekend?



Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS