Book Review: Crazy Horse

Thursday, August 27, 2015


Author: Mari Sandoz

Summary from Goodreads:
This book follows Crazy Horse, the infamous leader in the Battle of Little Bighorn. The book covers his entire life from childhood, all the way through the end. The story is one of controversy, of love, of leadership and what it meant to be a Native American at the time.   

 
Personal Review:
This was an interesting book. I enjoyed the author’s ability to capture the perspective and politics of what happened at the time of Crazy Horse’s life. I am not an expert on these topics by any means, but I grew up not terribly far from a number of the places where the stories happened. It was interesting to see the dynamics between not only the people in the tribe and the new settlers, but also those of other tribes.

 

This book was a good for helping me to understand a culture that I don’t know a lot about. I appreciated it very much for that. I think that without knowing much background, I am not able to make distinction between those items that are truly fact and those that may be slightly fictionalized. That said though, I am a better person for having had a chance to read about a person who was iconic in shaping the future of the world around him.  
 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS