Book Review: The Middle of Somewhere

Monday, August 24, 2015





Author: Sonja Yoerg

Summary from Goodreads: This is the story of Liz and her adventures on the JMT. She has decided to conquer the trail and in a sense, conquer the emotions that have left her feeling bogged down for a while. Her boyfriend, Dante decides to come along and it creates an interesting dynamic for the trail. He is not the only person that she will encounter on her adventure. A book about discovery, it was an interesting read. 


Disclaimer: I was awarded this book from the First to Read program part of Penguin. While I did not pay for the book, the opinions are strictly my own.
 
Personal Review:
I enjoyed this book.  The author hooked me with the concept of hiking the JMT. Readers of my blog know that this is something I hope to do someday! That aside, I enjoyed the fictional story that happened out on the trail.

 

When we meet the characters, Liz-we learn that she is working on/coping with a number of secrets. Throughout the course of the trail, some of those come out easier than others. What we don’t realize right away is that Dante has some secrets of his own. The two must come together to deal with their past, so they can move on to their future. In addition to the two main characters, we quickly meet a couple of other trail hikers. When a mystery involves those parties, it is up to Liz and Dante to stay safe.
 

The plot of this book is part self-discovery, part romance, part mystery. I enjoyed it but it felt a little busy for me. I would have liked to see the author focus on two of those three. That said, I enjoyed reading the book and I loved the setting for the book.
 
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS