Book Review: Mt. Vernon Love Story

Monday, August 24, 2015







Author: Mary Higgins Clark

Summary from Goodreads: This is the story of George and Martha Washington and the love that brought their families together. An inside look at America’s first president and his life, the book is a quick read with a historical perspective. The story centers on his Mt. Vernon home.  
 
Personal Review:
I enjoyed this book. I like to learn about people in history and this also included a romance, so it was right up my alley. I also liked that a number of the places that were mentioned in this book are not far from where I live.

 

I think the author does a good job showing the challenges that the couple had to be together. In ‘Patsy’s’ (Martha’s) situation, she is dealing with loss from her first husband and two young children. For George, the loss of a past love and the everyday stress that he experiences in the work place. They find comfort in each other and way to get through the challenging times.
 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS