Reading Recap

Thursday, March 24, 2016




Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by with a couple of quick reviews on reads that I have been able to finish.

How To Have a Good Day
This book is a set of research that helps you to understand simple steps that you can take to improve your daily life. It is filled with a number of golden nuggets. For example, the author discusses the mind-body loop. How if you are thinking one thing it is related to how you feel. If you improve your mental state you may be able to enhance your intellectual performance. Another example is the author explains how to give a ‘positive no.’ I appreciate the sentiment about getting enough sleep! Lots of good information and informative read that made you think. I enjoyed this book.

Attachments
 I read this book as a buddy read for the #RockMyTBR challenge. I enjoyed it. This is another one by Rainbow Rowell. It was a story that followed Lincoln, a security officer and two women, Beth and Jen. I don’t want to spoil the book for the readers, but through the interactions they have they all learned something about themselves. I enjoyed the book and it was a cute read!

The Golden Compass
As part of the #TakeControlTBR challenge, I am finally returning to this one. I got the graphic novel copy last year during Book Con and just have not had a chance to read it. I enjoyed this version of the story and am intrigued by the larger story. The illustrations are great and I enjoyed this. I am curious to see what happens in the next part! I have been told that there is also a movie, so I may need to research that as well.

Charm: An Amazing Story of A Little Black Cat
I picked this one up awhile ago because it seemed cute! I love stories about animals and this was a pretty quick read. This one follows the story of a little black cat and his impact on his family. The book is really small, but not exactly that I would recommend for kids. That said, I did enjoy the story and I thought that the lessons behind it were pretty good.

Trading Places: Becoming My Mother's Mother
This book was provided to me by the author. That said, it is did not influence my review of it. I enjoyed this book a lot. This book highlighted and recapped the authors experience she had becoming a caregiver for her mother. In the book she talks about how her mother used to say/do certain things for her and now it was as if the tables were turned. I appreciated the vulnerability and honesty in her writing. I have not experienced this myself, but I think it would be a good read for anyone who is in that situation. The end had me to tears. I appreciated this book and the message very much. I am glad that I had the chance to review.

The Little Prince

Another one for the #TakeControlTBR and another I picked up at BookCon that I haven’t had a chance to read until now. This book is a classic in children’s literature and cute! I enjoyed the story very much and I am glad that I had a chance to read it. The story is about a pilot who crashes down in the desert and encounters a young boy. The adventure from there is just getting started! As always, I don’t want to spoil the story, but a cute quick read.

Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS