Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Tuesday, March 8, 2016



Hi Everyone! 

Just stopping by with another Top Ten Tuesday!  This week's topic is Ten Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get. I am actually a little nervous to publish this post because I know that so many of you adore these characters. That said, I think that it is important to keep in mind that different aspects appeal to different people! I also want it to be known that I haven't embraced the fandoms for some of these yet...so I may still change my mind :)

Without further ado, here is my list:

Characters from Star Wars*
1) Princess Lea
2) Chewbecca
3) Yoda
4) Luke Skywalker
5) Darth Vader
6) R2D2

*To be fair, I haven't read these books or seen the movies. It seems like a creative premise, I just haven't had a chance to indulge. However, it seems like everyone who has ever loves them. Maybe someday I will too!

7) Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter. I do enjoy Harry Potter, but I cannot tell you how many times I have had people swoon over Neville to me. He is a great guy sure, but I am just not that I personally am so swoon worthy over him. He comes across just a little bit goofy to me! I know that is part of his character and he does a good job of playing that up. It's just different for me I guess!

8) & 9) Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. I read all of the books and they were pretty okay reads to me. But these two frustrate me. I struggle with their relationship because I feel like they both crave power and to me that isn't always a positive thing.

10) Gandalf, Frodo, and the rest of the crew from Lord of the Rings.** Same as Star Wars. I haven't had a chance to indulge but the verdict is still out on them. I think the biggest struggle for me is that everyone just adores these characters and I have no idea about them.

**I know its my own fault! I will fix it some day. For now they just end up on this list.

What are your thoughts? Should I give Star Wars and/or LOTR a shot? Any characters that you don't get yet everyone else adores?

 Happy Reading! 
















4 comments:

  1. It's strange to me that they made your list when you haven't experienced them yet! You should definitely give LotR and Star Wars a shot, just so you can decide the depths of your dislike of them :) Though, honestly, I can't imagine what there could be to dislike about any of those characters :p I defy anyone to not root for Han and Leia, or Frodo and the Fellowship in their quest to destroy the ring.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate the insight about giving them a try. :)

      Delete
  2. I rarely love who everyone else does. Mainly because i'm not the fangirl type. I like characters but I don't LOVE them lol


    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS