Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That I Recently Gave Five Stars

Tuesday, March 29, 2016



Hi Everyone! 

Just stopping by with another Top Ten Tuesday!  This week's topic is Top Ten Books That I Recently Gave Five Stars. I really like this topic because it gives me a chance to highlight some of the books that I really loved. 

That said, I have realized that since I starting reviewing books I have become a bit more critical of them. Hopefully that is a good thing and not a bad thing! I think that since I am aware of other books so much more often, I just need a little 'extra something' to make it special. Has this happened to you?

In any case, here is my list:

1) Can You Keep A Secret? By RL Stine
For those of you who love the Goosebump books, this is a relaunch coming out in April! You should go get it. Sooooooo good.

2) LumberJanes
I know, I keep talking about this one. I just loved it. It was cute and everything I wanted a graphic novel to be.

3) Me Before You
I read this before the movie was announced, but it is so good! I cried, but such a good book.

4) Ready Player One
Another one that I talk about alot. If you like video games and adventures, this one is for you. With the VR headsets releasing soon, it seems all the more possible something like this could be real!

5) Sticking It Out
This was one I was offered for review. An excellent memoir from a percussionist.

6) Dear Bob and Sue
A couple travels to all of the National Parks and documents their experiences!


***************

Honorable Mentions: (They would be rated 4.5 stars in my mind, but still worth the read!)

7) The Kitchen House
I listened to as an audio book. If you liked The Help, you will probably like this book!

8) Leaving Time
Another wonderful book by Jodi Picoult!

I know that is only 8 books! If you want to know some of my other favorite reads, please check back to last weeks post!

Have you read any of these? What five star books do you recommend?

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Me Before You is next on my tbr! storyatatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Me Before you so much it's on my list this week too :)
    My TTT: http://www.lindseyh.be/2016/03/29/top-ten-tuesday-ten-of-my-most-recent-5-star-reads/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) You have a good taste! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Lumberjanes was so much fun! Have you read Nimona yet? :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS