Book Review: Missoula

Monday, October 12, 2015


Author: John Krakauer

Summary from Goodreads:
This is the story of a Montana town, Missoula and the series of sexual assaults that happened in the town. Between January 2008-May 2012, it was said that the Department of Justice investigated 350 sexual assaults.

 
Personal Review:
This was not an easy book to read. At many times, it was graphic and took me several days of putting it down, to promise myself I would come back. That said, the book was incredibly moving and very interesting to read. I grew up in the Midwest, where college football is a very big deal. I can see the setting for something similar to this to happen. That said, I hope it never does.

 

The author does an in-depth narrative to explain what was happening in the town at the time. He mentions the media’s influence, the legal pieces, the emotional pieces of both sides of the situations, and so much more.  I would recommend this book for those who have an interest in higher education and for  those who are looking for a gripping read.  
 
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS