All About Me: Sunshine Blogger Award

Monday, October 12, 2015




Thanks to Melissa for nominating me for this award and challenge. I came across her profile on Good Reads awhile back and soon realized we have a lot of books in common. Thanks for the interesting questions.

 Here are the rules:
1) Thank the person who nominated you. **See above.**
2) Share 11 random facts about yourself by answering the nominating blogger's questions.
3) Nominate 11 more bloggers and ask them 11 random questions.

Questions:
1. Which TV show just needs to be cancelled already?
I am going to go with Grey’s Anatomy on this one. I know that for the diehards, that is probably going to be an unpopular opinion. I have never watched the show, so I am sure I am missing it. That said, I see the previews every now and again and it just seems that they have played out a number of story lines. 

2. What is your favorite 80s song?
Oh my goodness! Do I have to pick just one? This is hard because I grew up listening to the hair bands of the 80’s. I guess if I really had to pick it would be Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi.

3. What is something that never fails to make you laugh?
Cute cat videos! I love to watch them when I am having a bad day. Or I can just watch the two running around my house getting into trouble.

4. How long could you go without social media access?
I think I could go a long time on this one. I don’t love it now, but I do find it is helpful for knowing what is going in the world around me.

5. If you were to do a TED talk, what would it be about?
This is a good question. Probably about going boldly in the direction of your dreams. That sometimes you have to take big risks in order to have big rewards.

6. What is your favorite month and why?
September-because of Fall! And back to school. I have always loved school. I like crunchy leaves and football and apple cider. It’s also our wedding anniversary, so we tend to go on a vacation.

7. If you could give advice to someone who just graduated college and is ready for the real world, what would it be?
Be willing to do something you wouldn’t have normally done to set yourself apart. I volunteered for a month unpaid at a campus that I knew had an amazing program I wanted to be a part of. The connections I made were enough to get a job and my foot in the door!

8. What is something everyone likes that you don't like at all?
The color Red. Not sure what it is, but I just don’t prefer it.

9. What is the last book you read that you can't stop recommending?
I am not finished with yet, but I can tell it’s going to be Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.

10. What is something unique about yourself?
I grew up in a town of 19 people! (Yes, that is not a typo!)

11. What is something you do that you'd like to outsource?
List making-my brain is always going. I wish I could just think of the things and that they would just go into their own list and I wouldn’t have to remember to write them down. The thing is if I don’t, then I don’t remember that I have to do them!

Nominations:
2.  Julie
4.  Stephanie
5.  Jessica
6.  Jamie
7.  Claire
8.  Rosie
9.  Alexa
10.  Rachel
11.  Sarah

Questions:
1. If you could take a trip to anywhere in the world (cost not a factor), where would you go and why?
2. What is the name of a book that has changed your life?
3. What is something about you that makes you unique?
4. If you could only eat one food the rest of your life what would it be?
5. Do you have a nickname and if so, what is it?
6. What is your favorite month and why?
7.  Do you remember your dreams?
8. What is something everyone likes that you don't like at all?
9. What is the one (or few) beauty items you cannot live without?
10. What advice do you have for new bloggers?
11.  If you had next Monday off, what would you do with it?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing this. I enjoyed reading your answers. 19 people...wow!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS