Reading Recap

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to stop by quick with a couple of books that I have been reading!

The Season
This book was a really cute read! I loved it. The book is the story of Megan who is more of an athlete, gets signed up by her mother to be part of the debutante season. Megan has to learn to balance her life in doing so. This book was part Princess Diaries, part contemporary romance. I found the writing easy to read and the story was a one that kept me entertained. I enjoyed the characters and the story.

Giant Days Vol. 1
This is a graphic novel and it is really cute. It is by the same people who do Lumberjanes and they do not disappoint. I loved the pictures and the story line and I am really excited to continue on to see what happens next. The characters are vivid and lively and the illustrations capture them in a very nice way. I enjoyed this one very much.

The Memory Book
You may have seen my blog post from the author of this book. The book itself was a great read. In the book, we learn what it is like to not being able to remember things and the impact on life. I enjoyed this book because it was hard to read, but also beautifully written. I really enjoyed the story and I am glad I got to help get the word out about this one.

Lumberjanes Vol. 4
Another graphic novel and I have to say that this volume was probably the best one I have read of all of them so far. I love this series and the adventures of the LumberJanes. I love the illustrations and the characters. There is so much fun captured in each of these and I am so glad that I picked this up! I really loved this volume.

Halfway to the Sky
This is a middle grade novel that I picked up because it is about the Appalachian Trail. As you guys know, I love hiking and I wanted to see what the story was about. In this one, when the main character runs away and decides she wants to hike the AT, it takes a toll on her life and we have to learn about her family. The trail has significance to them and it is a heart felt story.

The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F^&*
I read the serious book about tidying up. This one is the parody book, but also has some practical advice about letting go of some of the things that people take too seriously. I enjoyed this book because there are certainly some things that I would be okay with letting go of. This book is practical and I really enjoyed it.

Have you read any of these books?

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS