Book Challenge: What an Animal IX Reading Challenge 2016
Thursday, July 7, 2016
Welcome to the 2016 What an Animal Reading Challenge IX. This challenge is being hosted by Socrates Book Reviews. Even though this has already been going on for 6 months, I knew that I needed to get signed up for this. I love reading books that feature animals.
Here are the rules:
The challenge will begin on January 1st.
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
a. there is an animal in the title of the book
b. there is an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal plays a major role in the book
d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).
Level 1 - Read at least 6 books
Level 2 - Read 7-12
Level 3 - Read 13-20
Level 4 - Read 21 or more
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...
3. Challenge runs from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books.
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to. If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. Or you can sign up by joining my group on Goodreads for this challenge by clicking here.
9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)
My goal for this year is to do Level 2 and read at least 12 animal books.
So far I have read:
1) A Street Cat Named Bob
5-7) Misty of Chincoteague Books
9) Free Days with George
10) Emil and the Clever Pig
11) The Dog's Poet
12) Christmas Pets
Will you join us for this challenge?
1/2/2017: I ended up barely finishing this challenge. I realize I should have been better about tracking them here, but the good news is that I finished. For the master list of books I read, please check out my goodreads!