Reading Recap

Saturday, August 6, 2016



Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by with some mini-reviews of books I have been reading lately.


Results May Vary
Relationships are not easy. This book makes you feel deeply about the emotions of the characters involved. It is not always roses and sunshine when it comes to loving another person. I appreciated the turmoil of the main character even though it was painful because you are able to see how much she has to overcome to find ways to love/live again. This book was worth the read.

Once Upon a Wine
This book was super cute! I loved the story line about the family coming together to run the winery, a little bit of romance, and about Jacques the dog. This book had all of the elements that I enjoy in a book and I really appreciated the way the story flowed. I thought this was the perfect summer read and am looking forward to reading more from this author.

Free Days with George
If you believe that animals improve your life, then this is the book for you. This book was a story of George the Newfoundland Dog and his owner. His owner was going through some rough times and George helped to make it better. I love the story and the friendship. If you enjoyed Marley and Me, you will probably like this book.

Drama
A graphic novel by the talented Raina Telgemeier. I really enjoyed this book as we got a chance to experience drama club and the ‘drama’ that went along with it. I enjoyed the illustrations and the story. It was a good quick read and nice break.

Placebo Junkies
In this book we meet a group of people who regularly participate in guinea pigs for studies to help test what the side effects are. This book was an interesting read. I knew a few people who did studies like this in college to make extra money and it was interesting to hear about the experiences. You were not sure if you were in the placebo group or not. An interesting book.

Pokemon #1 Black and White
I picked this one up on a whim. I enjoyed the manga, but I am actually finding that I like the cartoon a bit more. However, in both cases I am appreciating learning about the story of pokemon. There is a lot of information about what they do and how they battle which is interesting to learn.

Pasadena
When Jude’s best friend, Ariel passes away unexpectedly she has to try to make sense of it all. She doesn’t agree that it was an accident and starts to do some investigating of her own. When she does, she starts to learn more about her best friend and has to face some of her own realities in the process. This book was a quick read and I enjoyed it.

Emil’s Clever Pig

I picked up this book for the Summer Olympics readathon that I am doing. I needed a book that had a tie to Sweden and was about animals. This one fit the bill. In this book we met Emil who is very adventurous and often getting himself in trouble. When he adopts a pig, things only get more exciting. I laughed out loud at the part about a dancing pig.  This book was written by the same author Pippi Longstocking, so if you enjoy those books you will probably enjoy this one as well.
  

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS