#SBPT with Brooke from The Cozy Little Book Nook

Sunday, August 7, 2016



Hi Everyone!

Happy Summer and welcome to the Summer Blog Promo Tour hosted by The Book Bratz! I am so excited to have been selected to be part of the tour in which I get to help promote other bloggers to you this summer on Sundays during the months of July and August! I also get the fun opportunity to post on their blogs, so I hope you will check out their posts as well!


Without further ado, let's continue this process with Brooke from The Cozy Little Book Nook! She is a new blogger and I thought it would be great to hear from her about her experiences so far :) Please help me by giving her a warm welcome!

************************************
 

Hi everyone! I’m Brooke from The Cozy Little Book Nook and I’m super happy to be here on Valerie’s blog today!

So if you didn’t know, I recently hit my 6-month blogiversary a little over a month ago so we thought it would be super cool for me to write about what I have now learned about blogging. If you want to see what I accomplished in those 6 months, you can check out this posts here.

Many people are wanting to start blogs now and are pretty timid about actually getting a start on it. Don’t worry, I was the same way. It actually took me 2-3 months before I actually committed to my blog. And even then, I didn’t take blogging seriously (like post on a regular schedule and connect with others) until about 3 months ago. But with that said, here are some of my tips:

(Just a warning, this post seems a little bit on the negative side, but trust me, blogging is great and I’m so happy to be part of this community)

-----
  1. Don’t be afraid to speak your opinion
The number one thing about blogging and writing book reviews is to not be afraid to express your opinions. Don’t feel like you have to give the book a good rating just because you received the book from the author or publisher in exchange for a review. The reason publishers and authors are willing to give bloggers books is because they want your HONEST opinion. Alongside with that, as a blogger, you will most likely write discussion posts at one point or another.  With these discussion posts, majority of it will be your own opinion so don’t be afraid to say what you think. Of course with that said, you might want to refrain from talking about anything that others may be offended by.

  1. Social media is your best friend
In this day and age, everyone has a social media account. The best ones that I have found that will benefit your blogging is Twitter and Instagram. Both of these are awesome for you to connect with other people, and people who follow your blog. Also this way, people can get to know you and know you outside of your blog. Instagram is perfect for showing off your books and even behind the scenes bonuses. (At least I use them for that purpose although most people don’t do that).

In order to not give away too much personal information and to stay on brand, I highly recommend you create a separate Twitter handle and Instagram account for your blog, that way it doesn’t get mixed up with your personal account’s feed and information.

Also, Twitter has so many different chats that you can join in on. I met most of the people that I now associate with on a constant basis at these chats. Everyone on there are usually super nice and want to meet other as well. So don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and talk to new people. (But most importantly, don’t forget all other internet safety rules that you have learned before such as not giving out personal information).

  1. Bloggers are actually really nice
Other book bloggers are all really nice and are always (for the most part) happy to talk with you and give you tips on how to get started. Everyone started at the beginning and knows how hard it was to get started and can help you with any issues you may have. With that said, if you are rude to them, the chances of them helping you are incredibly slim.

  1. Don’t expect to get a bunch of followers right away
When you’re just starting out, you are not going to be super popular right away. All those big and successful blogs out there have been working on their blog for years and years. I’m not saying that you will become a failure but there will be times in your blogging experience when you will feel like you are getting nowhere with it and you should just give up. My recommendation for that is either to put in extra work and if that’s not a possibility, just take a couple days, or weeks, or months off of your blog. Of course, you’re stats during this time will drastically fall, but the entire reason you take a break is to not worry about all that.

  1. Never give up
If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.

This really applies to blogging. If something doesn’t work out the first time just locate the problems and fix those and you should all set to try again.

------
Remember, your blog is your own personal brand so do what all other brands out there do, have a goal (motto to stay on track of) and have fun! You have no hard deadlines and everything on around your schedule. If anyone wants to know more about starting a blog, or just about anything, feel free to go over to my blog or my social media accounts (I will have them listed a little further below) and chat with me. :)

~Brooke
Email: thecozylittlebooknook@gmail.com
Facebook: Brooke Evans

**********************
Thanks Brooke for stopping by today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS