#Readthemallthon: Pewter City Gym

Thursday, August 25, 2016




Hi Everyone! 

Just stopping with my third review for the #ReadThemAllThon Readathon. For the third gym, I have read the book "Lock and Key: The Initiation' by Ridley Pearson. I believe that with finishing this book, I should be at +20 for taking the gym, +20 for the review. +37 for pages read (this book is 372) long, and +2 for the tweet, I will send after I post this.  

So I think Nidorana (female) was at 165 CP and would now be at 244




Lock and Key: The Initiation
Ridley Peason


In this book, we are greeted by James, who is sent to Baskerville Academy and ends up being roommates with Sherlock Holmes.  Despite a mutual dislike for one another when things happen at the school, they are forced to work together.

The reason I liked this book is the quest to solve the mystery. It takes both James and Sherlock working together to get to the bottom of it. The story is very entertaining all the way to the end. I am surprised by the amount of things that they had to put together and I am not sure that I would have been able to solve all of it. That said, I am glad that they had each other to figure it out!

The characters in the book had unique personalities. I enjoy when the author takes the perspective of a famous book and creates a new story. The early years of Sherlock Holmes are interesting and I appreciated that. I am not sure where the series will take them next, but I did appreciate the idea and story.


If you are looking for a book that has a mystery vibe or one that involves a national treasure sort of feel, this may be the book for you.


**********************
Have you read this book? Did you enjoy it?

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS